minutes under local anaesthetics as a day case procedure
THINKING OF DIMPLE SURGERY?
In traditional Asian folklore, the presence of a dimple suggests good fortune and fertility, while in the West it is more simply viewed as cute and unique. Shailesh Vadodaria, one of the UK’s leading cosmetic surgeons, specialises in dimple creation surgery.
He has presented over 100 papers in national and international plastic surgical congresses and regularly provides his expertise to the media, appearing in Channel 4’s ‘Embarrassing bodies’, Marie Claire magazine and Reuters documentaries amongst others.
The procedure is performed under local anaesthetics. It takes 20 minutes and is normally done as a day case procedure without general anaesthetics and without overnight stay in hospital. For easy access, MACS clinic operates regularly in both Harley Street and Watford.
Consultant Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon.
M.B.B.S, M.S (Gen. Surgery) | M.Ch (Plastic Surgery) | FRCS (Plastic Surgery)
- a small, hollow area or crease, permanent or transient, in some soft part of the human body, esp. one formed in the cheek in smiling.
- some cultures, such as Asian and Indo-ethnic sub-groups, tend to prefer dimples on one’s cheek, as it is purported to be a sign of attractiveness, good fortune and veracity.
- Minor surgical procedure
- Local anaesthetic
- Awake and comfortable
- About 20 minutes to perform
- Go home on the same day
- Normal physical activities can be resumed from the same day
- Clinics in Harley Street – Central London, Watford – North London and Clementine Churchill Hospital
There can be many advantages to undergoing surgery under local anaesthetic. Most obviously, the patient remains awake and alert during the procedure. Only the area